Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pull-Up Challenge

My first challenge on this blog! How exciting! Now, since I can't run or jump or anything, I've decided to do a different sort of challenge, a strength challenge. Yesterday, I was lent a piece of equipment that will help me with this challenge: a pull-up bar. My challenge? Knee-ups.

What are knee-ups? 
Grab the pull-up bar, and pull your self up until you arms are at a 90 degree angle. Then point your toes and bring your knees in to your chest, hold them there for 5 seconds before lowering them slowly. Keeping your arms at that 90 degree angle, raise your legs again.

What is my goal?
My goal through this challenge is to try and get up to 25 knee ups without straightening my arms. Think I can do it? I do! I give myself 21 days to get there, while I know that might ne pushing my luck considering I tried this morning and I can do 2 and I'm out of breath... But I'm not one to say no to a challenge!

What am I getting out of this?
I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to get myself if I accomplish this task. I'm big on having rewards for doing something challenging and achieving my goal! It won't be anything big, maybe a new sports bra or I may do a painting for my room...we shall see! I'm up for suggestions!

Wish me luck guys! Updates to come over the next few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment