Monday, June 3, 2013

Let's Get Some Things Straight

I have been an athlete for nearly all of my life, it wasn't until college that I actually stopped participating in sports. And I stopped because I developed a mild version of compartment's syndrome. That was my freshman year in college, less than a month into track season. Currently, I have a different sort of obstacle: an evulsion fracture on my 5th metatarsal (in easier words, I  broke my foot). I graduated from college with a BA in exercise science just over a week ago, and I'm using this blog as a way to document my fitness travels and experiences and what I have learned through my time.
Let me get a few things straight now, before I get too into this fitness blogging business. First off, I am not an athletic trainer. I am not a physical therapist. I am not a personal trainer (yet, gonna be working on that over the next year or so). So, what I say should not be taken as fitness law or anything. I am a mid-twenties post-undergrad student, trying to share my love for health and fitness with those who want to listen! Secondly, I am a vegetarian. Well, more a pesc-itarian, meaning I still eat fish, eggs, and milk. On my main blog, The Backup Zone, I do post some recipes when I get the time and the motivation to exercise. Third, don't expect this blog to be updated daily. I'm not a super human and I do need to go out and actually exercise and I am in the struggling path of finding a job currently...ugh. I will update as often as I can, and hopefully each time it will be with interesting facts and/or updates on my fitnessing (yes, that is now a word).
I would like to try some challenges, and I hope to use this blog to keep myself honest and to keep track of what I am doing. I'm not setting a goal weight, because right now, at 5'2" I weight a comfortable 127 lbs. I do want to work on toning, and if that means losing weight or gaining some, I don't mind so much. This is my outlook on fitness, that it is to show us our bodies as they can be, because they are what we make them into.
I think that's all for now, I'm sure I'll come up with more later, but for now I'll just say later, fitness friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment