Thursday, August 1, 2013

First Long-ish Bike Ride


Since I've gotten out of my boot I've gone for one or two short bike rides down into town to the library to get new books, however today was a little different. Going into town is about 5 miles there and back total which is a nice ride, but not really a workout. I got super antsy and kinda cranky at home so decided that it was time to head out on a longer ride since my foot is still sore from being on it for 11 hours of work yesterday (not fun) so a run was looking less appealing. I went out and headed north on the Wisconsin bike trail. I put on the album "Awake" by Skillet and proceeded to bike until I reached the end of the album, then turned around and listened to in on the way back. I wasn't going for distance or for speed (though I did get up to 14 mph at one point) but was aiming to make it home in the same amount of time as it took for me to get out there. This was a success! I biked a total of 13 miles and I'm still feeling quite good! I'm actually feeling much happier, got those endorphins flowing! :P This was also the first time I got to wear my brand new helmet! :D We misplaced my other one (seriously.....I'm not sure were it is!) and so I got a new one about a week or so ago. 
I'm aiming to get out and ride my bike like 2-3 times a week? That's a little ambitious but I wanna get back into shape! What are you doing this summer to keep in shape? Where are your favorite places to ride? Any suggestions for more music to listen to while I ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment